Are you thinking about how to make and begin a blog? I’m so happy you’re here! I will likely disclose the essential strides to get off to a decent and fruitful blogging begin, no specialized experience required.
Steps to start blogging:
- Choose your topic
- Decide a blogging platform
- Register a good domain name
- Find a better hosting provider
- Install WordPress
- Design your blog and start writing.
1. Choose your topic
In case you’re a part of business, organization or association, it becomes aesy to decide a topic of your blog. Your blog ought to be identified with the product(s) or service(s) you give, or the reason you promote.
In case you’re an individual, you have greater adaptability with this decision. I as of now disclosed in detail how to choose what to blog about.
- On the off chance that you couldn’t care about your point, writing on it will be drudgery. Additionally, why might readers be interested in the event that you aren’t? So, choose your interest to work on.
- Pick a specialty in which you can set up yourself as an expert. You will presumably not be the principal individual to blog about the subject you pick. It’s nearly ensured another person has thought of it before you. Try not to worry about this, however inquire as to whether you have a sensible possibility at improving your blog than all the others in your specialty.
2. Decide a blogging platform
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform among all others.
I use WordPress myself and value its adaptability, usefulness, convenience and vast group of individuals who share apparatuses and thoughts. It’s a nice decision. What’s more, don’t stress, on the off chance that you need a site without a blog, WordPress makes it simple.
But In WordPress, you have two alternatives. I’ll say them here:
- Hosted WordPress blogs or WordPress.com websites.
- Self-hosted WordPress blogs or WordPress.org blog.
A self-hosted WordPress costs a tiny bit of cash, however will give you considerably more control and adaptability. It’s completely what I recommend.
This guide plots the means to begin a self-facilitated WordPress blog.
3. Register a good domain name
A domain name is what people type to open your website. Website’s address is another name, you can say. Think techygossip.com or facebook.com.
You may or may not already have a domain. To have an existing domain, you would have registered it with a domain registrar, like GoDaddy, name.com, Namecheap.com etc.
4. Find a better hosting provider
Web hosting is where your website live. Hosting is your website’s house on the internet. Every website needs web hosting. It is the space where you store your website’s data.
You can purchase hosting from web hosting providers like bluehost, godaddy, hostgator, unionhost etc. Choose your plan according to your budget and website traffic.
Select the hosting login tab if it’s not chosen as of now. Use your email id to login and and enter in your cpanel using details provided to you via email.
5. Install WordPress
Once logged into your cpanel, Look for WordPress icon and click the Install WordPress icon. Choose the domain you want to install WordPress on.
Enter your WordPress user information like your Site Name or Title (e.g. Techy Gossip). This is different from your domain which ends in .com or something similar.
You may also be given the option to choose an Admin Username. Choose a username and strong password. These will be what you use to login to WordPress once it’s installed. This information will also be sent to you via email.
6. Design your blog and start writing.
The visual appearance of your WordPress blog is controlled by themes.
There are a large number of pre-made WordPress themes that you can introduce on your site. Some of them are free, while others are paid.
You can change your theme by setting off to your WordPress dashboard and tapping on Appearance » Themes. Go ahead and click on the Add New button. Install and activate.
Writing first blog post : To compose your first blog post, tap on the Posts » Add New menu in your WordPress dashboard.
Once you’re finished written work, simply ahead and tap on the Publish button to distribute your first blog entry to the world.
Its not a end here. There is a lot more things about ‘How to use WordPress’. Take your time to learn and enjoy.